Emergency Alerts are utilized by all agencies within Larimer County to get vital life-saving information to the public quickly and efficiently. Emergency Alerts, commonly referred to as a reverse-911, are used in many circumstances when there is a threat to public safety such as:
- Missing endangered child (Amber Alert)
- Missing endangered adult
- Police activity that would require you to evacuate or take shelter
- Natural gas leaks
- Severe threatening weather (rotation in clouds, large hail with cloud rotation, tornado warnings)
Why is it important to sign up for alerts?
- The Emergency Alert System receives data from the 9-1-1 database and will automatically send alerts to all landline phones.
- By signing up you will be able to receive alerts to your mobile phone in the form of texts, voice calls and emails.
- You can register multiple devices (cell phones, emails etc) and sign up for several different locations that are important to you (i.e. your child’s school or your elderly parent’s house)
The information that you provide will be used for emergency purposes only. LETA will not give or sell your telephone numbers or email addresses to any other vendor or organization.
Emergency Alert Registration Tutorial
Participation in the Opt-In program is entirely voluntary and is subject to conditions, such as periodic renewal or other verification methodologies, that LETA may adopt. To participate in this program for emergency calls you must read and accept the terms of this disclosure and provide the information required.
LETA is not responsible for incorrect information provided by participants in the Opt-In program or for any charges or fees that may be charged to participants by telephone or data service providers as a result of participation in the program. LETA cannot monitor the current of future accuracy of the information provided by participants in this program. It is the sole responsibility of participants to keep any information provided current.
In addition to the foregoing, LETA assumes no legal responsibility for dropped calls, misrouted calls, or other occurrences which may result in notification failures.
Don’t live or work in Larimer County? Click here to visit your local 9-1-1 website to register for Emergency Alerts.